Live, eat & breath golf. I literally live the sport everyday. That’s my experience with golf, but what makes the sport so uniquely beautiful is that we all live it in our own way. The PGA TOUR’s new campaign launched on Tuesday, with the playful & inviting, yet deep #LiveUnderPar slogan inspired me to share with you how I LiveUnderPar.
Working in sports, and in golf specifically, alters my schedule dramatically from the norm. Though always a part of the 24/7 news cycle, technically my designated work schedule is Wednesday through Sunday — every week, no exceptions. We don’t have an off-season in golf and we only get a few weeks off around Christmas time.
So when I say I live, eat & breath golf, I mean it.
But I love it, what can I say?! Many times on my off days on Monday or Tuesday I’ll try to get in a round of golf. Sometimes if I’m working that week on-site, at an event, I’ll travel on those off-days as well. Before I go in the studio in the afternoon on the days that I’m working in Jacksonville, I’ll always have on PGA TOUR LIVE while I’m at the gym working out, doing laundry and getting ready for my afternoon and evening at the PGA TOUR Studios.
In order to achieve your dreams, you have to be willing to work around the clock and always be tuned in. But there’s nothing else I’d rather be doing! I love it!
Here’s a peek inside what a typical day in studio might look like for me:
- Wake up around 8am, have my morning tea & breakfast, read my bible
- Stretch & head to the gym while I watch PGA TOUR LIVE
- Come back home, shower, eat lunch, pack dinner (you guessed it, while I watch golf and keep up on social media)
- Head to the studio around 1pm
- Prep for my day at my desk and do my own hair & makeup
- Hop on set for PGA TOUR LIVE around 2 or 3pm
- Write & film my nightly recap show The Takeaway after play ends (yes, I write it myself)
- Produce the show and work with an editor to put together the finished product you see on PGATOUR.com or social media (yes, I produce it myself & sometimes even make my own graphics for it!)
- Produce and voice highlights from our other TOURs around the world. (Did you know we have the Web.com TOUR, PGA TOUR Champions, PGA TOUR Latino America, Mackenzie TOUR Canada, & PGA TOUR China?!)
- Get home around 10 or 11pm
So as you can see, I literally LIVE golf. But to me, the slogan #LiveUnderPar means so much more than my life around the course, it is about how I am outside of my profession. Obviously having a good work ethic and following your dreams is a part of that message for me, but it’s also about growing the game — teaching people that golf can have a profound impact on your life both on and off the course (both professionally & socially).
Living under par to me, means having fun, not taking yourself too seriously; being a good friend, daughter, fiance, cousin, godmother, co-worker; giving back to the community — I LOVE all the work I get to do for the Alzheimer’s Association; and living life to its fullest.
How do you Live Under Par? Comment below or share with me on Instagram! And if you want a cool shirt like mine, stay tuned to my social media accounts this week — we just might have a special giveaway…